“One Source Responsibility-Design Through Construction”
If you desire, we can work with you through the entire design and building process providing an important link between you and the contractors. Aspelin Associates will be there to guide and supervise every step of the way.
- Bidding, contractor selection and awarding of contract
- Act as owner’s agent to builder and preparing change orders
Aspelin Associates and his General Contractor team have partnered on over 40 projects during the last 25 years. The architect, owner and general contractor form a team all working for a common purpose: To deliver the highest quality construction with attention and faithfulness to architectural details while still giving the owner transparency in cost and owner involvement in selection of materials and equipment all the way from the beginning of the construction process to move in.
This is accomplished using teamwork clear communication and documentation, excellence in design and craftsmanship of construction.
This “Design Build” strategy has multiple advantages:
- The project can be fast tracked. The Design Build team is working together from the end of the Design Concept set of drawings and not the end of the working drawings.
- Accurate cost estimates are developed by the contractor at the end of the Design phase.
- The contractor offers insights to save time and money by reviewing the design documents and giving his input during the working drawing development phase
- The building permit can be pulled immediately upon completion of the working drawings.
- The contractor is fully educated about the content of the drawings, details and how to best complete the work, even prior to the issuance of the permit.
- The owner has access to all of the net construction costs and can make substitutions and refinements during the construction process.